On Jul 25, 2007, at 00:51, Andreas L Delmelle wrote:

Hi all

<snip />

One more idea before I go to bed:

In the meantime, I'll see if I can think up some tests/timings and make them part of the build. Jeremias wants to measure this for the past evolution, and I'd like to make it easier for us to track it in the future. In the longer term, we could maybe set up a page with statistics for this on the website (?)

Would it make sense to build functionality into FOP to attach a chronometer to the process? An object, attached to ... the FOEventHandler, and can from there also be passed up the layout-tree. One that each type of object we consider to be critical can register timings on of its most important methods or something...?

Cheers