Andreas L Delmelle wrote:
On Nov 27, 2007, at 20:06, Andreas L Delmelle wrote:

Hi Andreas,

<snip/>

I tested on Apple JVM 1.4.2 and 1.5.0 on OS X 10.4. Both single- and multi-threaded.
Heap remains stable here over hundreds of runs.
With multiple concurrent runs, my CPU usage easily reaches 180-190% (2 CPUs)

Just to confirm:
In the meantime, I have also run some tests with the same document on Windows XP SP 2 with different versions of the Sun JVM, running 2 concurrent threads on a Centrino Dual Core.
Classes compiled with 1.4 compatibility.

I managed to reproduce the NPE on Java 1.4.2 and 1.5.0, at random intervals, always between 50 and 250 runs.

Thanks for your perservance. Glad its not me going mad :)

The version I just committed (http://svn.apache.org/viewvc? rev=600195&view=rev) resolves this problem by adding extra null checks, and should now work on your end as well.

Yipee! You did it in the end. Well done.

I setup my tests and left it running for more than 24 hours in which time 150,000 documents were created without an error. The memory did go up over time, but not excessively and OOM was never thrown.

Thanks,

Chris