Andreas L Delmelle wrote:

Hi Andreas,

On Nov 16, 2007, at 17:38, Chris Bowditch wrote:

<snip />

Both the 'theoretical limit' issue and the 'too many threads' should be resolved.

No OOM Error yet, but I'm sure it can't be far away. I just wanted to update you before I go offline for the weekend.

OOM Error did finally occur after 19900 documents.

Can you check the patch in attach? Only a small difference with the previous one.

Thanks for perservering with this! I think its key to solve this problem, but don't have much time to help with fixing the issue. Happy to test it though!

Tested it here, and I don't see any immediate leakage anymore.
One 71-page document, and with -Xmx256M, the heap never exceeded +/-85M. Each document rendered consistently within 3-4s (ran up to 1000 subsequent renderings).

Well memory seems okay for the first 1000 or so. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your latest patch doesn't seem any better. Its taking about 5s for 2-3 page documents on a Quad Core 2.66 processor! Running at the heap limit too, currently at 13000 documents. I'm sure it will reach OOM Error at some point during the evening :(

Thanks,

Chris