On 09.01.2008 16:19:33 Max Berger wrote:
> Vincent,
>
> please consider the case where a table cell is long, or even longer than
> a page. In this case it should break it anyways. Also, consider these
> cases:
>
> +------------+
> | 0.25 pages |
> +------------+
> | 1.5 pages  |
> +------------+
> | 0.25 pages |
> +------------+
>

> +-----------+
> | 0.5 pages |
> +-----------+
> | 0.9 pages |
> +-----------+
> | 0.5 pages |
> +-----------+
>
> both of them I'd prefer to see split onto two pages. So imo a high
> penalty is better

That will still be possible with the infinite penalty (assuming your
"1.5 pages" contain enough break possibilities in between). The rule
here is only to make sure that every column contributes at least the
content before the first break possibility (for each column) to a row
before the row is considered breakable.

> btw: does the fop spec not specify that a table should be closed when
> broken? e.g.

Assuming you're talking about table borders, that depends on the
".conditionality" component on the border.