On 19.03.2008 21:21:16 J.Pietschmann wrote:
> Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> > 2. I could also build a hook of some sort so the caller/user can control
> > the creation of the SVG user agent
> [snip]
> > Option 1 sounds more straight-forward but somehow 2 feels better even
> > though it's probably more complex and takes a little experimenting to do
> > right. It also means that the user has more work and needs to learn
> > about more than just FOP's event system.
>
> I also like the second option more than the first. Maybe the two
> can be combined: let FOP provide an user agent which funnels Batik's
> messages into FOP's event system and which is used by default, but
> allow for an override. I'd think of a service mechanism, so that
> applications which want to consume Batik messages directly just
> have to drop their jars before the FOP jar into the classpath, and
> use lazy creation of the user agent.

Something like that. The only problem with creating this is a static
context: I don't know for which processing run I create the user agent.
To be clean, I think this has to be done through the user agent somehow.
Anyway, I've decided to keep it simple for now and just implement option
1. If anyone really wants to do more in this area, this can always be
added later.

Thanks for your feedback.