On a serious note (as opposed to my outburst on fop-users), I think we
should really discuss the FOP release plan which we haven't updated in a
while. I would hate to see FOP in 0.x mode after 10 years of existence.
Let's assume 0.20.5 was actually FOP 1.0, and FOP 0.95 was actually FOP
2.0. How about calling the next version 2.009 (to be released in early
2009). Skip 1.0 entirely since that would only let the expectations rise
into the sky. FOP had a major redesign which warrants at least a version
jump of one major version. Not calling it 2.0 means it's not a first
release from a fresh development branch. That will carry the message
along that FOP is stable and usable in a productive environment. Hell,
it's used in production by so many people for so many years.
OhpointXitis is really bad.

I know we still have about one item left on our pre-1.0 list:
http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics-fop/ReleasePlanning
But that's still going to take a while. I want to revisit this list and
see what today's view is.

Flame away.