This can be achieved by manipulating your classpath. If you ensure
that saxon's jar file is before xalan in the classpath, the correct
definition as quoted below is ensured automatically. This is achieved
because the jar file has this setting in its META-INF/services
directory.

The same is true for your selection of the parser. If your class path
contains xerces, saxon and then some other jars, you get xerces for a
parser and saxon for XSLT engine. This is documented in the JAXP
documentation.

Simon

--
Simon Pepping