Hi,

> I think it is probably the case that in the context of the font short
> hand – the font properties cannot take the value of inherit, since
> this renders the grammar irreducibly ambiguous.  While such an
> exclusion is not mentioned in the spec,  it makes sense that inherit
> must be excluded for the reason I’ve just given.

Once, I've written a CSS Minifier (shrinks CSS files). There I also
didn't allow "inherit" for individual properties inside the font
shorthand. So I would give the user a good error message here. I don't
think that there are many documents out there, which actually use
"inherit" for individual properties inside the font shorthand.

Best Regards
Alex