On Mon, Sep 21 2009 23:30:17 +0100, jonathan.levin...@intersystems.com wrote:
> If inherit is allowed to be a value then the grammar truly becomes ambiguous
> since each of these can have the value inherit and we don?t know which ones
> are
> omitted and must take the value normal.

'inherit' doesn't mix with other values [1].  AFAIK, this is true even
for shorthands taken from CSS2.

If the value is 'inherit', the individual properties for which the
shorthand is a shorthand individually inherit [2].

Regards,

Tony Graham                         tony.gra...@menteithconsulting.com
Director                                  W3C XSL FO SG Invited Expert
Menteith Consulting Ltd                               XML Guild member
XML, XSL and XSLT consulting, programming and training
Registered in Ireland - No. 428599   http://www.menteithconsulting.com
xmlroff XSL Formatter                               http://xmlroff.org
xslide Emacs mode                  http://www.menteith.com/wiki/xslide
Unicode: A Primer                               urn:isbn:0-7645-4625-2

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl11/#d0e5479
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl11/#shortexpan