Venkat,

first of all you probably need to subclass AFPPageSetupElement to add
support for carrying the offset coordinates. AFPElementMapping would
then also need to be changed. Then you'd need to move on to
AFPDocumentHandler.handleExtensionObject where the extension is
converted into calls into the AFP library.
DataStream.createIncludePageOverlay would then also need to be extended.
And so on and on...

I guess one challenge is to make the specification of the offset
user-friendly. I don't think it's acceptable to expect from the user to
know what numeric value would need to be specified to get the right
placing. Maybe you can reuse something from the FO property subsystem to
parse arbitrary lengths, internally work with millipoints and then
convert that to the final value.