Hi Jeremias,

Thanks for your help. I have done few changes to the AFPPageSetupElement.java, and the offset coordinates are working infact. I just want to know more on your other point mentioned in your reply 'offset coordinates user-friendly'...

There is some code I have found in

   *org.apache.fop.afp.AFPUnitConverter*

, namely the method

   *public int[] mpts2units(float[] srcPts)*

Is this the same method you are suggesting me to use to map the user-friendly offset coordinates to get converted into float values?

Thanks,
Venkat.

Jeremias Maerki wrote:
Venkat,

first of all you probably need to subclass AFPPageSetupElement to add
support for carrying the offset coordinates. AFPElementMapping would
then also need to be changed. Then you'd need to move on to
AFPDocumentHandler.handleExtensionObject where the extension is
converted into calls into the AFP library.
DataStream.createIncludePageOverlay would then also need to be extended.
And so on and on...

I guess one challenge is to make the specification of the offset
user-friendly. I don't think it's acceptable to expect from the user to
know what numeric value would need to be specified to get the right
placing. Maybe you can reuse something from the FO property subsystem to
parse arbitrary lengths, internally work with millipoints and then
convert that to the final value.