Hi Vincent,

I get a completely different error. If I ran

   fop -c config.xconf test.fo -if if.xml

There is no output - so it seems to run fine.

If I run

    fop -c config.xconf -ifin if.xml test.pdf

afterwards, I get:

[Fatal Error] if.xml:4:12: The prefix "x" for element "x:xmpmeta" is not
bound.
Oct 7, 2009 2:37:23 PM org.apache.fop.cli.Main startFOP
SEVERE: Exception
javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException:
The prefix "x" for element "x:xmpmeta" is not bound.
        at org.apache.fop.cli.InputHandler.transformTo(InputHandler.java:239)
        at org.apache.fop.cli.IFInputHandler.renderTo(IFInputHandler.java:77)
        at org.apache.fop.cli.Main.startFOP(Main.java:174)
        at org.apache.fop.cli.Main.main(Main.java:205)

---------

javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException:
The prefix "x" for element "x:xmpmeta" is not bound.
        at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerIdentityImpl.transform(TransformerIdentityImpl.java:469)
        at org.apache.fop.cli.InputHandler.transformTo(InputHandler.java:236)
        at org.apache.fop.cli.IFInputHandler.renderTo(IFInputHandler.java:77)
        at org.apache.fop.cli.Main.startFOP(Main.java:174)
        at org.apache.fop.cli.Main.main(Main.java:205)
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The prefix "x" for element
"x:xmpmeta" is not bound.
        at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerIdentityImpl.transform(TransformerIdentityImpl.java:452)
        ... 4 more
---------
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The prefix "x" for element "x:xmpmeta" is
not bound.
        at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerIdentityImpl.transform(TransformerIdentityImpl.java:452)
        at org.apache.fop.cli.InputHandler.transformTo(InputHandler.java:236)
        at org.apache.fop.cli.IFInputHandler.renderTo(IFInputHandler.java:77)
        at org.apache.fop.cli.Main.startFOP(Main.java:174)
        at org.apache.fop.cli.Main.main(Main.java:205)

I attached the if.xml. There is indeed no namespace declared for the "x"
prefix.

I'm inside a up-to-date trunk. FOP was build with Java 1.4.

Best Regards
Alex

-
e-mail: alexanderk...@gmx.net