I followed what you did in the branch and I like it, although I can't
really follow why accessibility needed to be backported to the old
PDFRenderer. So entirely +1 from me. And thanks for diving into this.
It's good to know that this knowledge has a broader foundation in the
project. And of course, FOP gets exciting new functionality.