I would like to be able to use a Hangul (Hangeul: Korean) Open Type
font with fop.

I have found the Unifoundry and it has Hangul fonts in bfd format.
The licensing statement from the web site
(http://unifoundry.com/index.html):

<quote>

My software and is released under the terms of the GNU General Public
License (GNU GPL) version 2.0, or (at your option) a later version.
The precompiled fonts are released under the terms of the GNU GPL
version 2, with the exception that embedding the font in a document
does not in itself bind that document to the terms of the GPL.

</quote>

It seems to me that fontforge could be used to convert the bfd fonts
to a vector Open Type format.  If so, would their license permit them
to be used for fop use and testing?

Next question, could anyone working on the Open Type area in fop use
some help to move toward being able to use such fonts?

Thanks.

-Tom

Thomas M. Browder, Jr.
Niceville, Florida