From: Chris Bowditch [mailto:bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 21, 2010 10:59 AM
To: fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: Re: Ant Hangs

On 21/12/2010 15:07, Eric Douglas wrote:

Hi Eric,
> I'm not sure what you mean.  My ant in this case doesn't have a lib
folder.  I did copy a junit.jar into fop's lib folder.  To resolve the
references to ant in fop I just put an ant.jar in the fop lib folder and
put it on fop's build path.  The project builds without errors if I
select Build from the Eclipse Project menu, and it builds without errors
if I select "run as ant build" on the build.xml file in the fop project
with no junit support.  Then if I copy junit.jar into the lib folder of
the fop project it just hangs on this task.
> Am I missing something?  Am I explaining this well enough?

I don't think copying ant.jar into FOP\lib is the correct way to
integrate with Ant. Most people I know install ant somewhere on their
harddisk and then add ant/bin directory into the PATH environment
variable. Then to build FOP you invoke Ant from the FOP root directory
and Ant finds build.xml and runs the build. There's a lot more to Ant
than ant.jar

Thanks,

Chris

change the build.xml. Basically, you download the junit jar from and add
it to the lib folder in your ant file and that will ensure that you can
run junit with ant with any project (not just FOP). You'll also need to
add the bin folder to your PATH (if you already haven't).

> Mehdi
>
> On 21 December 2010 13:51, Eric Douglas<edoug...@blockhouse.com>
wrote:
>> I put a junit jar in the fop lib directory.  Without it the fop ant
build tells me junit support is not present even if I have junit in the
project build path.
>> I found the last message it gives me in the build file.  Is it
possible this step is just taking a really long time?  I'm not sure what
all it's supposed to do.  I believe I left it running when I went to
lunch yesterday and that was still the last message showing when I got
back.

>>   <target name="junit-userconfig" depends="junit-compile"
>> if="junit.present" description="Runs FOP's user config JUnit tests">
>>     <echo message="Running user config tests"/>
>>     <junit dir="${basedir}" haltonfailure="${junit.haltonfailure}"
>> fork="${junit.fork}" errorproperty="fop.junit.error"
>> failureproperty="fop.junit.failure">
>>       <sysproperty key="basedir" value="${basedir}"/>
>>       <sysproperty key="jawa.awt.headless" value="true"/>
>>       <sysproperty key="fop.layoutengine.disabled"
>> value="${layoutengine.disabled}"/>
>>       <sysproperty key="fop.layoutengine.testset" value="standard"/>
>>       <formatter type="brief" usefile="false"/>
>>       <formatter type="plain" usefile="true"/>
>>       <formatter type="xml" usefile="true"/>
>>       <classpath>
>>         <pathelement location="${build.dir}/test-classes"/>
>>         <path refid="libs-run-classpath"/>
>>       </classpath>
>>       <test name="org.apache.fop.config.UserConfigTestSuite"
>> todir="${junit.reports.dir}" outfile="TEST-userconfig"/>
>>     </junit>
>>   </target>

installing the Ant and JUnit libraries which may avoid these issues.

FOP lib folder.