Hi,

When configuring the base directory using the fop.xconf relative urls
are based on the working directory, and not the fop.xconf.
This contradicts the URI specification as pointed out in
http://old.nabble.com/Re%3A-Problem-with-custom-fonts-p10013042.html

This can be more than an simple inconvenience when the working
directory and the location of the fop.xconf are not related.

Here is an example of something I wish to achieve with a set of limitations

 *  I have a directory that contains both a fop.xconf and a directory
of resources (fonts etc).
 *  In the fop.xconf I want to reference resources relative to the fop.xconf.
 *  I am unable to change path to the current working directory to
coincide with the fop.xconf:
e.g I may be running the FOP ant task that uses the location of the
ant script as the working directory.
 *  Using absolute paths is not an option since I wish to be able to
move the fop.xconf without changing URIs referenced within.

Can anyone suggest a robust way of achieving this scenario, given the
current limitations of FOP, or should I fix this bug?

Thanks,

Pete