Hi Simon

Huh? What revision are you looking at? I've merged Trunk into Temp_Color
on January 18 (http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=1060241&view=rev)
copying the XGC.jar unchanged from Trunk. Temp_Color is long working
against java2d.color and is compiling just fine like that. Looking at
the XGC.jar in Trunk OTOH, it contains some junk in the root directory
and test classes further down the hierarchy. If anything we need to
rebuild the XGC.jar from Trunk and do another merge into Temp_Color.
Something must have gone wrong during the compilation of that JAR.

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/xmlgraphics/fop/branches/Temp_Color/lib/xmlgraphics-commons-1.5svn.jar?view=log&pathrev=1060241

I'll look at your other points shortly. Thanks for the review.