Looks perfect. Thanks! If it's not too much trouble, please "svn copy"
the ColorProfileUtil from FOP Trunk so we retain the history and
document where this came from.

I don't think it makes sense to put a lot of time in trying to test for
a race condition. That's going to be difficult to reproduce. And to
prove that it's no longer there. For me, the important thing is that
this problem is documented in ColorProfileUtil like you did.

For the JAR: just do a clean compile (with Java 1.5, i.e. lowest
possible) and replace the ...1.5svn.jar in FOP's lib directory.