Hi Glenn,

It’s good to give people an opportunity to chime in, but you can’t
expect them to be that reactive, especially on a week-end. FYI, the
standard procedure in Apache is to wait 3 working days before going
ahead. If the change is big, people usually wait for a whole week.


On 26/02/12 02:13, Glenn Adams wrote:
> since i haven't heard any comments, i'm going ahead with the commit...
> On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 11:24 PM, Glenn Adams <gl...@skynav.com> wrote:
>> I am ready to perform a commit (into trunk) from my recently reviewed
>> complex script patch (plus a bug fix). Although I have done as much as I
>> can to ensure that this won't break things, I can't guarantee it won't. In
>> particular, even though it runs all junit tests, checkstyle and findbugs
>> without error, I can't ensure there won't be a regression. Also, since I am
>> only building and testing under MacOSX, it is possible there may be
>> unforeseen issues on Win32 or Linux platforms.
>> Before I perform the commit, I want to give folks an opportunity to
>> comment or object to taking this action. I should note that the code has
>> been reviewed by another committer and discussed with most PMC members, and
>> that there are no outstanding issues that I have been requested to address
>> before performing a commit.
>> If I don't hear anything by tomorrow at 1900Z (noon my local time), I will
>> go ahead with the commit.
>> G.

Reply via email to