On 02/07/12 14:40, Glenn Adams wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 7:25 AM, mehdi houshmand <med1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Ahh I see, ok, thanks Pascal. I think we got our wires crossed a little
>> there ;)
>>
>> Glenn, my plan was to merge the URI-resolution stuff in tomorrow. If this
>> burdens you in some way, could you let me know how and maybe we can come to
>> some resolution? As far as I can see, it shouldn't affect the 1.1rc1 branch
>> at all.
>>

> Go ahead. I'm going to rename the fop_1.1rc1 branch to fop_1.1 and then
> create a fop_1.1rc1 tag on that branch that corresponds with the current
> rc1 rev.

Having a fop-1_1 branch and creating tags is actually the way to
proceed. In fact, the tag should be created prior to the vote, that
should refer to it.

To answer Pascal’s question: it doesn’t matter if there are enhancements
during the release process. The corresponding commits can be blocked
using ‘svn merge -c <revnum> --record-only’. That way, only the relevant
changes can be merged to the branch.