On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 9:00 AM, Vincent Hennebert <vhenneb...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On 12/07/12 14:47, Glenn Adams wrote:
> > On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 7:45 AM, Vincent Hennebert <vhenneb...@gmail.com
> >wrote:

> >> release
> >>
> >> I added an entry in the status.xml file.
> >>

> > Yes, I noticed. But there is no bug #.  There should be a documented bug
> > against every non-trivial substantive fix of this nature.
>
> Why? As long as the status.xml file is the authoritative list of bug
> fixes and implemented features, adding an entry to Bugzilla is just
> redundant paperwork I’m not keen on doing. Unless I missed something, of
> course...

If there is no bug entry in bugzilla, then there is/was no bug. Since this
is clearly a bug fix, there should be a documentation trail through the bug
database. So please create an entry and do so in the future. The status.xml
document is only an informal paraphrase of bug database entries, and should
not be considered the authoritative list of bugs.