Hi,

unless I'm missing something, fontbox dev activity is quite slow
(latest commit was on 2007-10-01, 6 years ago, see [1]).
IMHO, introducing a dependency on such project witch will need some
improvement is not a good thing, unless we can ensure that submitting
patches to it will be applied on demand.

[1]
http://sourceforge.net/projects/fontbox/stats/scm?repo=CVSRepository&dates=2007-01-10+to+2013-01-10

--
pascal