Hi,

Thanks all for voting. The vote has now concluded and has passed with 5 +1
votes.

Thanks

From: Robert Meyer [mailto:rme...@hotmail.co.uk]
Sent: 27 June 2014 09:52
To: fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: RE: [VOTE] Merge Temp_FontMerging to trunk

+1

Thanks,

Robert Meyer

  _____

Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 00:12:30 +0100
From:  <mailto:lmpmberna...@gmail.com> lmpmberna...@gmail.com
To:  <mailto:fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org> fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org

I tested the code with some examples from a weekly newsletter that I receive
-- this is a good example because the newsletter is always created using the
same template and the same set of fonts (with a few exceptions).

The code worked mostly well but the output was not perfect with some of the
fonts, where some glyphs were missing of misplaced (causing overlap). So
there is still work to be done. Nevertheless, and since the feature is
disabled by default, I think there is value in merging this to trunk because
it does work in many situations. Besides I don't know if the problem is due
to this patch or to PDFBox. Hence +1.

Note: I will send the examples directly to Simon.