Hi Tom

> On 20 Jul 2016, at 21:13, Furst,Thomas <thomas.fu...@rcmt.com> wrote:
>
> I use FOP to publish XML for technical manual content. Do so, there are times
> where we need to indicate where a change has been applied to the document. I
> know the FO tags exist, just that FOP does not currently support this markup.
> Is there any plan to work on this? How can I become involved in working
> towards making it functional in FOP?

Actually, quite some work and research has already been done by others, to
provide support fo:change-bar.
So, if you are serious about contributing, then the best place to start is
probably to have a look at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOP-1760

Obviously, there are other details to work out, but that would be for a later
change. For now, best to see if you can find your way in the patch(es)
available in JIRA and catch up, so you don't have to start from scratch.

Do note that those patches are already rather old, so the first thing to sort
out would be to make it work with current trunk. Things have been restructured
quite a bit in order to provide full integration with Maven. OTOH, those
changes mainly concern additional folders/subfolders. The classes themselves
have not changed that much, and should still be relatively easy to find.

Apart from that, feel free to post any follow-up questions to this list.

Thanks!