On 2019-02-20 Chris wrote:
> On 09/02/2019 18:25, Jan Tosovsky wrote:
> >
> > there is a proposal to enhanced painting of table borders to avoid visual
> > inconsistencies in some renderers (Acrobat Reader, Chrome):
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOP-2536
> >
> > That technique renders another set of shapes over the existing ones. Not
> > everyone wants this as a default behaviour. After applying the patch it can
> > be activated via RendererOption 'overpaint-table-borders'. It means it can
> > be set programmatically, but not via configuration file or cmdline options.
> >
> > I personally do not need this as a cmdline switch, but having this option in
> > the configuration file is IMHO a must for general audience.
> >
> > So the questions:
> > (1) option name (is boolean 'overpaint-table-borders' Ok or something else
> > should be prefered, e.g. 'table-border-rendering-mode' with the set of
> > String values, initially 'standard' and 'overpaint')
> >
> > (2) If cmdline switch would be useful, what the name should be used
> >

> 'table-border-rendering-mode' with the set of
> String values, initially 'standard' and 'overpaint'

Ok, thanks.

I've implemented this option for PDF renderer only. After parsing the
configuration file this option is passed via RendererOptions map into the
TableLayoutManager where it controls if borders are overpainted or not.

My intention was to write a layout test case. However, when layout test is
executed, the PDF renderer configuration is ignored as the MIME type is now
application/X-fop-intermediate-format, where this option is missing.

So there are some options now:
(1) making this option global (like target-resolution)
(2) duplicating this option also for Intermediate renderer (AFAIK there is no
other option yet)
(3) accepting that the overpainting is not covered by any layout test (enabling
is on user own risk anyway)

Thanks for your inputs,

Jan