Actually, now that I think of it, what I will need is a list of all the
object id's that are then (or only might then be) later referenced by the
PageNumberCitation ref-id.  This way, when I generate a pdf that makes a
PageNumberCitation to a ref-id in a pdf that was in a chapter generated in a
previous pdf, I will be able to get the correct PageNumber.
thanks again,
   Matthew L. Avizinis <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Gleim Publications, Inc.
   4201 NW 95th Blvd.
 Gainesville, FL 32606
(352)-375-0772 ext. 101
      www.gleim.com <http://www.gleim.com>

com·put·ing (kum' pyoot ing)
1. n the art of calculating how much time you wasted and money you spent in
a doomed attempt to master a machine with a mind of it's own. --from