> No, I don't think so. The Multiple Master Font Extensions have not been
> implemented, yet.

Hmm. I have to assume PDF is capable of carrying both the PFB and the MMM;
So let me guess: assuming the weight-axis data is in the MMM file, FOP
needs to revise it's PFMReader to extrapolate metrics for boldness based
on other PFMs and the MMM file, and it needs to revise its method for
embedding fonts to be able to include both PFB and MMM data?

I dunno, it's very late my time, so forgive me if I'm way off the mark.
:)

I wonder how hard that would be to do...

-David