Hi all,

I'm having a problem with regions. In the simplecol4 example, I changed the
page layout  as showed above:

  <fo:layout-master-set>

    <!-- layout for the first page -->
    <fo:simple-page-master master-name="only"
                  page-height="29.7cm"
                  page-width="21cm"
                  margin-top="3cm"
                  margin-bottom="2cm"
                  margin-left="2.5cm"
                  margin-right="2.5cm">
      <fo:region-body   margin-top="1cm" margin-bottom="1cm"
            column-count="3" column-gap="0.15in"/>
      <fo:region-before extent="4cm"/>
      <fo:region-after extent="4cm"/>
    </fo:simple-page-master>

  </fo:layout-master-set>
  <The remaining of the example is the same.>

When I print the page using acroread, all the margins are ok,  but the body
overlapped the before and after regions (the init of the body is at 1.5cm
from the top margin and 1cm from the bottom margin). The text of the after
region was printed four lines before the end of the body region, like a
watermark.

In my understanding, the extent of the region-after and region-before is the
length of the region, and the region-body should use all the remaining space
in the center (something like the BorderLayout in Java). Is this correct?

Can someone tell me how the extent works and how can I define a static
length for the before and after regions?

Thanks in advance

Denes