I'm running fop (0.20.3) at the command line and would like to be able to pass it parameters much like I do with Xalan (testXSLT). With testXSLT, you can pass parameters with the following syntax:

testXSLT -in source.xml -xsl transform.xsl -param name "'value'"

I would like to be able to do the same with fop, but when I execute:

./fop.sh -xml source.xml -xsl transform.xsl -param name "'value'" -out out.pdf

fop spits out the standard help screen and dies, claiming the renderer hasn't been set. I've tried various permutations of the invocation, including changing the quoting scheme around the parameter's value, though nothing changes the outcome.

Has anyone run into this situation before? Know how I can pass parameters? Is it possible at this stage in FOP's development?

Thanks,
Rob

  Robert Keith Brosnan
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]