Apache mailing lists are populated by pretty friendly people. Like Ken said,
not all of our mailboxes can easily absorb the hit of monster files and the
download time for dialup folks is significant; that being said, you're
reacting pretty well to the outcry and that'll stand you in good stead. :-)

Small snippets of source (FO and/or XML + XSLT, up to complete files as long
as they're not more than a few K in size) are cool. We welcome those because
they help us reproduce problems.

As far as the rest of the net etiquette goes, you may get pointed to various
sources. All of them boil down to this - most of us are volunteers with real
jobs doing other things, typically in software development. We have FAQs
(Frequently Asked Questions) available, there are mailing list archives,
there is the XSL specification, and there is the rest of the Web with lots
of resources, so what we really like to see are well-posed questions that
say: "OK, I've tried this, and this, and this, already...here's where I'm at
now, and here's the output showing what actually happened, and this is how
it is different from what I expected...can you help?"

You do that and by and large, maybe not right away, we'll address your
question. Cheerfully.

Regards,
Arved Sandstrom