When I call the fop.bat that comes with fop-0.20.3 using a very simple
"hello world" formatting object file in the same directory as fop.bat, I get
an error that says (in its entirety) "Don't know what to do with" no matter
what parameters I supply. This is under Win98, and the same fo input file
works with the obvious parameters when I run it with the fop.bat in my
Fop-0.18.1-DEV directory.

I got the impression from another posting that getting jimi-1.0.jar would
fix it, so I copied the Fop-0.18.1-DEV\lib one to fop-0.20.3\lib directory
and that didn't help. I then got jimi1_0.zip from
http://java.sun.com/products/jimi/, but its only jar file is
JimiProClasses.jar. Anyway, according to
http://xml.apache.org/fop/relnotes.html, jimi is only needed for PNG
support, and the document has no pictures of any kind.

Does anyone know what the problem might be?

thanks,

Bob DuCharme          www.snee.com/bob           <bob@
snee.com>  "The elements be kind to thee, and make thy
spirits all of comfort!" Anthony and Cleopatra, III ii