The problem is probably your page-number-citation that looks up the last
page. This is well known to have impact on memory usage, because FOP can
render the first page only after the last page has been setup. It has to
wait until it knows how many pages your page-sequence has.

Take out the page-number-citation and look if the problems go away. I'm
pretty sure they will. That means you might have to live with "page x"
instead of "page x of y" for now.

On 09.05.2002 11:18:59 Abhijat Upadhyay wrote:
> hi there !!
>
> i am sending u the code of my XSL and XML... though the code might be
> slightly
> big but if u r able to find a solution to it then nothing like it... this set
> of XSL and XML should be able to print around 300 - 500 pages but currently
> it
> prints hardly 40...
>
> THE XSL CODE: -
<snip/>
>                 Page #<fo:page-number/> of <xsl:value-of
> select="$page-count"/>
<snip/>
> </xsl:stylesheet>
>
> THE XML CODE: -
> <library>
> <pagetitle>List of Books</pagetitle>
> <book>
>       <title>Discovery of India</title>
>       <author>Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru</author>
>       <publisher>Tata McGraw Hill</publisher>
>       <cover type='paperback'/>
>       <category class='historical'/>
>       <isbn>1-23-456-7890</isbn>
>       <rating number='5'/>
>       <comments>Tells about history of India right from its birth</comments>
> </book>
> ... mutiple book tags are there and finally the closing tag i.e.
> </library>
>
> Currently i want to print around 3000 - 4000 rows of in a table in the PDF...
> but the total page count does not go beyond 40... actually it should go to
> 140... similarly if the number of rows increases then the number of pages
> will
> also increase.
> NOTE: - this is just anexample XML.

Cheers,