I don't think it is a good idea to insert static content in the xml file. The
xml file should only contain dynamic data (in your case client information). The
static stuff should be placed in the xsl file. The xslt process will output a fo
file which will contain the merging of static and dynamic data plus layout
instructions (fo tags). Fop will then be able to output a pdf file.

NB if the only output target is pdf you should send xml and xsl directly to fop!

if you need more info just ask!

Franck