MARTIN Franck wrote:
That's right, but sometimes in order to get even more flexible (and probably
more complicated) system that static content could be moved further into
another xml file, dynamically loaded by xslt during transformation. This way
the only stuff in xsl would be a logic and data + presentation would be
outside.

That's the best way to go but i have no idea how to make that work with fop...
You don't need anything to do with fop, that's about xslt stage just before formatting. I mean something like

<xsl:variable name="ext-stuff" select="document('ext-stuff.xml')/*"/>
<xsl:template match="para">
        <fo:block color="{$ext-stuff/my-text-color}"...
</xsl:template>

--
Oleg Tkachenko
Multiconn International, Israel