Urban, Patrick wrote:
Can anyone help me debug this. I am looking to simply pull a logo onto my
report with this code...

<fo:external-graphic src="http://epndev0006/Logo_Plain.gif"/>

this error is being output from FOP...

[ERROR]: Error while creating area : Error with image URL:
http://epndev0006/Logo_Plain.gif and no base directory is specified.

The image is in the correct directory and everything is spelled correctly.
The image resides in the root of my wwwroot folder and I can hit it with a
browser by typing the above URL.

I experimented a bit and it seems the image cannot be loaded. Check your IIS logs for the reason. As for it showing up in a browser: Are the browser and FOP running on the same machine? Are there proxies between your machine and the server? Can you sucessfully retrieve the image with a command line tool like wget? And of course, there may lurk spelling problems, you should cut&paste the URL into the browsers location field.