From: FOP Newsgroup (@Basebeans.com) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Using FOP on a ASP.NET server to convert FO to PDF
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 14:10:01 -0700

From: "Wim Sandra" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 ===
I've integrated FOP in a ASP.NET server by implementing a COM component.
The COM components export a very simple interface with a method that takes
some XML data, a XSL-FO stylesheet and writes a PDF file (or writes the PDF
data to some memory).   The COM component calls the FOP java methods with
JNI (Java Native Interface).

Ultimately, in your C# ASP.NET application, we more or less write:

FOPLib.Fop fop = new FOPLib.Fop();

fop.fop2File(xmlData,xsltData,outputFileName);

Response.Redirect(outputFileName);

or

FOPLib.Fop fop = new FOPLib.Fop();

uint numBytes = fop.fop2Memory(xmlData,xsltData);

byte [] bytes = new byte [numBytes];

renderer.read(bytes);

Response.Expires = 0;
Response.Buffer = true;