Your xsl stylesheet is so bizarre... What are you using all these CDATA sections for? Why are you using
<![CDATA[<fo:block></fo:block>]]>
instead of just
<fo:block></fo:block> ?
Actually your xsl stylesheet works if and only if transformation result (fo document) is serialized and then reparsed again, because what are you creating by all these CDATA sections are not elements, but text nodes, as it's *character data*, not elements. And text output method - that's all kind of disable-output-escaping stuff, which is optional by xslt spec and have no chance to work in a streaming environment, like fop or cocoon or mozilla, when transformation result is never serialized/reparsed again. Try to change you stylesheet to be more usual transformation, you don't need these CDATA and text output method to create xml tree.

Michiel Verhoef wrote:
Hi all,

Currently we have a weird problem: when converting an XML file (or rather,
an XML-ified HML source) to a FO file and converting this resulting FO file to a PDF all things are fine. However,
when we try to convert the XML with the exact same XSL script into a PDF we get errors:

[INFO]: FOP 0.20.3
[INFO]: building formatting object tree
[INFO]: Parsing of document complete, stopping renderer
[INFO]: Parsing of document complete, stopping renderer
[ERROR]: / by zero

As we use the same XML and XSL in both cases we're a bit confused here.

Please find attached the XML and XSL we used. We're using fop version 0.20.3
on w2k.

Anybody got a clue as what might go wrong here?

Thanks in advance,

Michiel

-- Oleg Tkachenko Multiconn International Ltd, Israel