[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I've been using the FopServlet as the basis for my servlet app which takes a
DOM document, stores it to an xml file, then uses XSLTInputHandler to
convert to fo and output the pdf.  Now I'm getting to the point where I want
to eliminate the xml file and convert using the DOM object or a serialized
string of the xml.  It looks to me like it can't be done with the
XSLTInputHandler class because it requires java.io.File parameters.  I'm
looking at XSLTransform to transform the DOM document input to a DOM
document containing FO output using the xsl file.  Just wondering if this is
the best approach and then how to best use the FO DOM document to output the
pdf.  If anyone knows where I can find some good sample code (or if you have
a sample yourself), I would appreciate the tips.

There is sample code in the archive at http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-user&r=1&w=2# http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-dev&r=1&w=2#

For producing and rendering a DOM, look up
 javax.xml.transform.dom.DOMResult
in the JAXP documentation coming with your XSLT processor
and look for render(Document) in
 src/org/apache/fop/apps/Driver.java

Unless you need to manipulate the intermediate DOM,
it is usually more effective to use SAX to tie the
XSLT processor to the FOP driver, for example
 http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-user&m=102400770318682&w=2