Peter Sparkes wrote:
Hi,

I have a repeating <block> of data. Each instance of the block is of varying
size but under half a page. I want to put two blocks on every page, with
each block in its own half of the page and varying amounts of white space
between the two blocks.

However, I can't get it to work: The two blocks close up on each other and
where there is room part of a third block appears on the page.

Apart from a working keep-with-prev this would need a block layout algorithm able to compute a variable amount of space depending on constraints. None of this is currently implemented, and even if it were, the result is not quite predictable. A more robust way would be to use a two row table of 100% page height and display-align="after" on the second row, but this isn't implemented either.

You can try a somewhat ugly footnote hack:
      <fo:block break-before="page">top </fo:block>
      <fo:block>
        <fo:footnote><fo:inline></fo:inline>
          <fo:footnote-body>
            <fo:block>bottom </fo:block>