I dont fully understand the description of the features you need, but if being able to use one IDE to do the full flow from xml through xsl to fop and pdf in an effortless way, including the possibility to debug xsl transformations, then Excelon Stylus Studio is my candidate. It is however not WYSIWYG - if you by that mean that you would specify a xml file and then do WYSIWYG editing and have the editor generate the xsl stylesheet for you.

Amit Bhatnagar wrote:

Can anyone recommend the best WYSIWYG XSL-FO editor / app that saves a XSLT file (which will then process my xml document into an xsl.fo marked up, when then can be processed by FOP)

Its necessary for me to be able to create my layout and then save the xslt file.

Thanks, amit.

Johan Åbrandt

Technical Project Manager
(Tekninen projektipäällikkö)