[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I want to have a start-region that contains static content. The static
content consists of three blocks. The first block is to be displayed at the top
the second in the center and the third at the bottom of the region. One of my
many fruitless tries was:

<fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-region-start">
  <fo:block absolute-position="absolute" top="0mm">1</fo:block>
  <fo:block>2</fo:block>
  <fo:block absolute-position="absolute" bottom="0mm">3</fo:block>
</fo:static-content>

The absolute-position property is not implemented, you should have
seen an error message. Use position="absolute", and supply all four
of top, left, height and width.

> where the region-start is defined by <region-start extent="1in"
> display-align="center"/>.
I don't think display-align works on regions. You can use
display-align on table cells.
See
 http://xml.apache.org/fop/faq.html#faq-N10489
you can try a table with three rows.