Jim Chundevalel wrote:
Now, I want to underline certain words contained in the MATTER Node. For
this, I was thinking of doing like this in the XML document.

<MATTER>
This is some <fo:inline text-decoration="underline">other</fo:inline>
text.
</MATTER>

(After referencing the fo namespace at the beginning of the XML
document.)

However, the resulting PDF document does not underline the word "other".
How do I go about doing this?

That's an XSLT question. The problem is here <xsl:for-each select="SECTIONS\SECTION"> <fo:block> <fo:inline text-decoration="underline"> <xsl:value-of select="HEADING"/> </fo:inline> <xsl:value-of select="MATTER"/> ^^^^^^^^^^ Make yourself familiar with xsl:copy-of and xsl:apply-templates and with the XSLT processing model in general. It helps to work through a good book, the XSL FAQ has some recommendations. For further details, ask on the XSL list: http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list/