Sal,

>I need to take a string of formatted data from my xml database and present it.
> I've played with white-space-collapse and changing the font around but it
>still does not present correctly so that all dots and spaces line up correctly
>from line to line.
>
> An example below of what the pdf document renders as
Invoice....... Date...... Cust... Inv amount
02010001 01-01-2002 00008 282.10

Use a fixed width font for these lines, eg:
font-family="Courier"

And to quote Oleg, from the last day or two, use all of these:
white-space-collapse="false"
linefeed-treatment="preserve" white-space-treatment="preserve"

"... formatted data from my xml database ..."
What a strange idea.

Cheers,
Roland.