Thanks much.  Worked just as I would have expected it to work.

As I said I know that the whole white-space issue has been tackled
before.

-----Original Message-----
From: Roland Neilands [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, February 04, 2003 5:23 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: White space

Sal,

>I need to take a string of formatted data from my xml database and
>present it.  I've played with white-space-collapse and changing the
>font around but it still does not present correctly so that all dots
>and spaces line up correctly from line to line.
>
> An example below of what the pdf document renders as
Invoice....... Date...... Cust... Inv amount
02010001 01-01-2002 00008 282.10

Use a fixed width font for these lines, eg: font-family="Courier"

And to quote Oleg, from the last day or two, use all of these:
white-space-collapse="false"
linefeed-treatment="preserve" white-space-treatment="preserve"

"... formatted data from my xml database ..."
What a strange idea.

Cheers,
Roland.