Celine Murphy wrote:
I am having problems with my table creation.

Your usage of terms indicates that you also have a somewhat muddled understanding of the technology you are dealing with.

In the XSLFO world, the term "table header" usually means
a specific FO:
  http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/slice6.html#fo_table-header
This does not match your problem description closely enough,
therefore I guess you have a problem more in the XSLT area.
My suggestions:
- Get one of Jeni Tennison's books about XSLT or, more recommended,
  take a 1-2 week training. Copy&paste from an online tutorial does
  not make you a competent XSLT programmer.
- Read http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
- Ask further questions regarding XSLT on the XSL list
   http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list/
  There is also a link to the FAQ on this page.