[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Thank you all for the links, they will surely help when I get stucked
again.

This "lingo" thing feeld like slang, something that restrict groups use to
encode meaning in a way outsiders cannot percieve. Reading text stuffed
with it is like talking to my teenager niece: sometimes I cannot understand
a word...
But I must learn to live with it, otherwise when my 7-month old daughter
begins to talk I willl be excluded....

So I guess "This 'lingo' thing" servers the same purpose as quoting philosophers after your signature, i.e. to show that you belong to a group - to which only persons of a certain standard - for example knowledge of contemporary philosophy - or internet abreviations - can belong. It increases your standing with persons who understand - and helps in keeping distance from those who dont.

Is this what you meant?

All the good maxims already exist in the world; we just fail to apply them.
--Pascal