Maybe the wiseguys around here should stop putting this non-English speaker down and spare a thought for what he is saying. Sure, acronyms save some time, but there is a price. I initially struggled with many acronyms, and I am a native. Add to that the fact that certain acronyms (e.g. PITA) would be quite offensive to a non-native speaker unaware of the idiomatic usage, who is simply translating verbatim.

The fact is that we are trying to cultivate a multi-cultural environment. Suggestions for improving that environment should be taken seriously, even if, in the end, they are not acted on.

Peter