I'm having a couple of problems with FOP, used to render some big files
with lots of SVGs.

1) Hanging

In Java 1.3 (but not 1.4), after finishing rendering the document FOP
fails to stop, after printing out the message:
"Parsing of document complete, stopping renderer"

It just hangs there forever, but the document has been generated
correctly, and just ctrl-C'ing out will stop it.  Works fine in 1.4.

I think this may be related to the SVGs, because seems to happen only
with the docs with SVGs.

Here are my command lines (I'm using XP, sorry) - you can see the exact
versions from there:

set JAVA_HOME=\JRE\1.3.1_07
rem uncomment following line for Java 1.4
rem set JAVA_HOME=\j2sdk1_4_1_01\jre
set JAVAEXE= %JAVA_HOME%\bin\java

set
FOPCLASSPATH=%FOPBASEDIR%\build\fop.jar;%LIBDIR%\batik-fixed.jar;%LIBDIR
%\xalan-2.4.1.jar;%LIBDIR%\xercesImpl-2.2.1.jar;%LIBDIR%\xml-apis.jar;%L
IBDIR%\avalon-framework-cvs-20020806.jar

set FOPMAXMEM=-Xmx300m
set FOPINITMEM=-Xms100m
set FOP=%JAVAEXE% %FOPINITMEM% %FOPMAXMEM% -cp %FOPCLASSPATH%
org.apache.fop.apps.Fop -c scripts\fopconfig.xml

Seems like a problem stopping a thread.  Any solution for Java 1.3?
Maybe a different version of a jar file?

2) Font selection

I've set the "strokeSVGText" attribute to false in my fopconfig.xml file
in order to use built-in fonts for my SVGs.  My SVGs (which are
generated by Turbo XML) internally define styles using
helvetica  (see attached).
But when I run fop, I get error messages saying that font
"Arial,normal,normal" (or sometimes "dialog, normal, normal" is unknown.
It then defaults to a serif font.  Anyone know how to fix this?

Brian Lynn

Founder and CTO
Gem Soup LLC - The FpML Community
http://gemsoup.com
845-687-7289 (direct)
845-532-7849 (cell)

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Lynn;Brian
FN:Brian Lynn ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
ORG:Gem Soup LLC
TITLE:Founder and CTO
TEL;WORK;VOICE:(845) 687-7289
TEL;CELL;VOICE:(845) 532-7849
ADR;WORK:;;270 Vly Atwood Road;Stone Ridge;NY;12484;United States of America
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:270 Vly Atwood Road=0D=0AStone Ridge, NY 12484=0D=0AUnited States of America
URL;WORK:http://gemsoup.com
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
REV:20030320T165919Z
END:VCARD