Matthias Schäfer wrote:
I use fop 0.20.5RC2 on a german W2K from a java-application. Printing text inside and outside a table shows differences on blanks. Inside the table the words have different distances (from normal to overlapping last and first letter) when running with

What's your output? I guess AWT?

java version "1.3.0"

That's *old* and has a huge number of known bugs, in particular the IBM version is known to mangle AWT text rendering. The Sun VM has its own number of problems. If you are tied to JDK 1.3, you should upgrade to the last patch level of a 1.3.1 VM.

So I experimented with addional "de.hyp" and "de_DR.hyp" build from "de.xml" and "de_DR.xml" of fop 0.20.3 and a setting of "hyphenation-dir" in "userconfig.xml" without success.

Nice try, but what kind of success did you expect? Hyphenation is, well, for hyphenation only, not for character placement calculation.

J.Pietschmann