Hmmm, I can see why you're being a bit skeptical about this...

BTW: Has the option been considered of adding the font reader functionality
to FOP itself? I mean, add a command-line switch to FOP that can be used to
tell FOP to generate the font metrics?

So you would get a command like: fop -font [PFM|TTF] [options] [fontfile]
[XML file]

I personally feel this would be a better solution than adding an extra BAT
file.

Just a suggestion... If you like the idea, I would be interested in making
the necessary modifications to the CommandLineOptions and other related
classes. (Shouldn't be that difficult)

Let me know.

Greetz,

Andreas